Filmed on location in Lough Ree, Ireland during lockdown, a 70yr old hardy Irish swimming veteran opens up about his life’s experience and passion for the open water.
An intensely personal piece, but packaged for the viewer in a way that is both accessible and more importantly; frank and honest.
Our Irish short film, shot on Loch Rí in Lanesborough-Ballyleague, recently won screenings in both London’s Pinewood Studios (Nov 2021) and Hollywood’s Raleigh Studios Los Angeles (Sept 2022).
A list of screenings and awards so far this season:
- Winner of Lift Off Network Online Sessions, Pinewood Studios London.
- Best Maritime Film, Brejning Film Festival, Denmark.
- Audience Choice Award in the Lift Off Global Network Paris Film Festival.
- Best Short Film Nomination and Best Cinematography at the Cinematic European Film Festival, Transylvania.
- Best Sports Personality Nomination in the Sportsfilm Liberec Film Festival, Czech Republic.
- Best Live Action Nomination in the 21 Islands Short Film Festival, New York.
- Official Selections in the Lift Off Global Network in London, Manchester, Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam, Sydney, Melbourne, Los Angeles, Austin and Tokyo.
- Official Selection in the Irish Film Showcase, Contemporary Irish Arts Centre Los Angeles.
- Official Selection in the Longford Cruthú Arts Festival, Ireland.
- Official Selection in the Still Voices Short Film Festival, Ireland
- Official Selection in The Paus Premieres Festival, Manchester.
- Film Ireland Director’s Panel: Directors sat to discuss their work and directing style. Lee Williamson (Snámh), Daniel Milton (Wasteland), Bridget O’Driscoll (Replay) and Anne Marie Kelly (God Given Opportunity).
- Articles published in the Longford Leader, Ayrshire Post and Daily Record Scottish National Newspaper
- Interviewed on Shannonside Radio Northern Sound and Ros FM
If you could envisage your brand on the big screen, we still have an open slot for presentation rights.
Why not join us on our journey to Hollywood?